The Daring Way™ and Rising Strong are a highly experiential methodologies based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown. These programs were developed to help men, women and adolescents learn how to show up, be seen and live braver lives. The primary focus is on developing shame resilience skills and developing a courage practice that transforms the way we live, love, parent and lead.
Through reflection, writing, creative projects and facilitated discussion, this work guides participants in digging deep to understand how shame keeps them from living authentically, and how connection, courage and compassion are instrumental to daring greatly in every arena of their lives.
I am a Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator. I facilitate The Daring Way™ and Rising Strong with individuals and groups in the Durham Region (Pickering, Ajax, Whitby and Oshawa) and in the Greater Toronto Area. I also facilitate this work with individuals anywhere in the world via phone and Skype.
There are many ways to work with me to experience The Daring Way™ and Rising Strong:
- Weekend Intensives: 2-3 full days to deeply explore the full curricula in an intensive format, allowing for an uninterrupted flow of experiential learning.
- 6-week Online Workshops: Weekly sessions covering the full curricula, allowing for personal exploration and processing in between sessions.
- Introductory and Themed Workshops: For those who want a taste of The Daring Way™ or Rising Strong, these half- and full-day workshops explore a few focused areas of Brené Brown’s work.
- Individual Work: Offered either in-person or by phone/Skype, this format allows for a tailored one-on-one exploration of the work. This format is also helpful for people who live outside the Greater Toronto Area but still want to experience the full Daring Way™ or Rising Strong curricula with me.
- Personalized Group Work: For those who have a group of friends or colleagues who want to have their own facilitated Daring Way™ or Rising Strong sessions, I will tailor the program to meet your group’s needs and interests.
Check my Offerings for more information on upcoming workshops and groups.
About Brené Brown
The Daring Way™ method is based on the research of Brené Brown, Ph.D. LMSW. Dr Brené Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past twelve years studying vulnerability, courage, worthiness and shame. Her groundbreaking research has been featured on PBS, NPR, CNN, The Katie Show, and Oprah Winfrey’s Super Soul Sunday.
Brené is the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller Daring Greatly: How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent and Lead (2012), the New York Times bestseller The Gifts of Imperfection (2010), and I Thought It Was Just Me (2007).
Brené’s 2010 TEDx Houston talk “The Power of Vulnerability” is one of the top ten most viewed TED talks in the world, with over 11 million viewers. Additionally, Brené gave the closing talk at the 2012 TED conference, where she talked about shame, courage and innovation.